Monday 10 February 2014

Of Polish and Little Catch Ups

Hello Monday, and hello to you! :) In this post today, I'd be doing a little catch up stuffs. Some of you may recall me wanting to show stuff but... as weeks went by.... they just simply slipped my mind! I thought of splitting these up in different post, but nah. Might as well just get them done right here and now (lest my faulty mind forgets again :P) Oh ya, be warned! - Long post. :P

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Blueberry Mufffin

I'd start with this lovely nail polish I got from my cousin for Christmas :) This is Models Own Blueberry Muffin from their Fruit Pastel Collection. I have owned a few Models Own Polishes, which some of you may recall. But they were all glitters, this is my first creme polish from this brand. 

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Blueberry Mufffin

Models Own Blueberry Muffin, a creamy almost white blue polish and scented. Smells like, well.. berries :P Very beautiful colour. I love cremes that are almost white, they make great alternatives for light bases for nail arts! But as you can see, it looks just as fabulous on its own! :) A perfect pale blue to add in my collection ♥

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Blueberry Mufffin

Application wise, not bad. Its rather streaky on the first coat. For opacity, this requires 2-3 coats depending how you do yours. I always make sure there's enough polish on the brush to cover the surface or for even spread. Usually, I would swipe of one side of the brush and if the other side still has too much blob of polish, take a little more off and apply on nails. Basically, its estimating how much a drop of polish is required to cover the whole nail plate. :P 

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Blueberry Mufffin

With such a lovely colour for base, I couldn't pass up the chance to do nail art - at this point, any would do! Just for the fun of it. So I went ahead and did 'blueberry muffin'. Notice how the muffin (lol, I spelled it fummin) isn't 'blue' in colour, cause I want a more realistic (but not exactly) approach. Besides, muffins with blueberry infused would be too sweet, according to my taste, to be paired with creams/icing. Visual wise, too plain if I don't at least pretend I'd put a blueberry flavoured heart fondant on top for deco purposes. Hahahaha!! 

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Blueberry Mufffin

That said, gold polish was used to mimic that kind of nice crusty top of blueberry muffin. And the rest of the colours, well... I kind of just pick what was in front of me that time. :P But hey! I still think they look great together ;) Not a recent nail art, I did this somewhere back in January. And finally pulling this out now. Lols.

Lacqueerisa: Goodies From Taiwan

Ah, the very overdue topic. The little things I got from my sister from her Taiwan trip, last year. Let me just say this, I love handicrafts! Everything and anything that's handmade - with deep passion and well thought through have a special place in my heart. This doll right here, a masterpiece! I mean, its made with just strings (of course beads and few other stuff to accessorise) but you see, my sister and I both have the same opinion that we thought the artist/maker was a genius to use ropes for the hair! So pretty and so creative! I also love the little thought the artist/maker put in this, look at that cute bag! Hahahaha! I can even play with it moving left to right :P Do I even need to say more about the skirt? ♥
Next, the bracelet. I think its simple yet very attractive. I love how it looks really oriental or reflects the natives art and style there. 

Lacqueerisa: Goodies From Taiwan

And lots of coffee! Apparently Mandheling Coffee (the blue one in the middle) was all the rave there. So she snag all that she could along with few other types of flavours. There are teas too, and I'm not sure if the Latte was a coffee or tea latte :/ Oops. Anyway, the mocha one taste very chocolate-y, I don't know why but I expected it to taste more of coffee.. but it was less sweet. Hahah! These bottles have been emptied long ago. Hahah!! Well, while I do love coffee, I'm no expert in coffees. So I couldn't taste what is it about the Mandheling coffee that makes it so special =/ Quite sweet though. But tasteful enough. All of them to be served chill. Of course, there are more foodie stuff - most of them in our stomachs already.

There's still more. I'm so lazy to photograph all of them. So I'd just mention it here. She got me a hoodie shirt, (yay!) which is very comfy! :) And lots of facial masks! Sadly, I'm not very good at mask. No where near good either. Lols. I tried it once the other day, it was so drippy (haha, I had no idea) and to think I find it rather stressful to lay down on bed for several minutes not doing anything :/ Perhaps drippy kind of mask are not for me. I'd prefer if I could still sit up and keep my eyes busy with visuals while the face gets some pampering. Lol~

Well, that's it! A big thank you to my sister for her generousity :) And phew! Such a wordy post, but hopefully some of you enjoy reading this! I think I have another "old" nail art to show. But it will be another post :) Have a great day, all!


8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour, and I really like the nail art you did with it!

    Handmade stuff really is amazing, that doll looks very well made and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian from PlumeriaPainted11 February 2014 at 02:19

    Pale blues are always lovely, and they definitely are good bases, the hearts in your design are adorable!! The presents look lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberry Muffin is also on my wishlist and seeing your swatches now only confirms that I need this polish in my life xD So pretty and as you said, light creme polish = obsession! haha The nail art you did is very cute, looks great for Vday too. Was it supposed to be a Vday mani? Just curious :D
    Oh the doll <3 I love your love for details LOL No seriously, how you describe every little detail about her. Not that I didn't love her to begin with but after reading how you describe the doll makes me see her in a different light <3 Great taste you sisters have. I like handicrafts too but I'm usually very very very picky when it comes to them so it says a lot when I like something (well, that sounds kinda arrogant O_o waahh~ don't take it wrong please T^T)
    Hmm.. hope the coffe wasn't too expensive. I remember my first Starbucks latte and it didn't taste that special to me =/ I do have some Starbucks favorites now but the standard stuffs (like black coffe, latte machiatto, etc) still taste average to me (they would taste better if they were cheaper I guess)

    Oh and I wanted to tell you that you should watch AoT if you have time :D For this series I prefer the anime over the manga. Or take a look at some YT clips, the 3D maneuver gear looks sooo cool animated <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did a great design!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, definitely my favourite of the little gifts I received from my sister ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeap yeap! They always make for decent bases :D And thank you! Glad to know you find them adorable. I just added them in in spur of moment. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!! Great to know we're obsessing over the same stuff ^^ Nah, it wasn't meant for V-day though. I wanted to put a blueberry on top, but figure it'd look like cherry so I opt for heart shape (fondant, maybe) decorative. But considering V-day is approaching, I guess that's a great excuse to get this posted now. :P Hahahhaa! And thank you! We do kinda pride ourselves in having considerably good taste. LOL! And no worries, I'm totally on same page as you. I mean, I have high demands for crafts too. If I have one complain about the doll, it would be the 'out of place' pink string at the back of her head. If you squint, I think you can see the pink peeking through the left side. Hahaha. Technically the right side of the doll, but left side of the picture. Haha!! Anyway, I don't think it was that pricey. So its okay. Ah, I see your point with Starbucks. Hahaha, I was always calling Cappuccino and was in the mood to try something else. So I asked the staff to recommend something else for me.. and gosh.. I don't remember what name it was but it was too sweet for my taste and I could hardly taste coffee -_-! But yeah I do have a few favourites as well, like the Salted Caramel Frappucino which I think is usually available during September/October. I used to like peppermint flavoured ones too but its not budget friendly indulging in so much Starbucks coffee, so I bought peppermint candies and melt them into my normal cup of coffees XD hahaha!! Of course, taste wise may not be on par with what Starbucks has to offer, I was satisfied though! XD

    OOH!! Now that you mentioned it. I'd be sure to check it out. I did enjoy the opening theme you posted, btw. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, thank you! ^^ Glad you love it :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!