Sunday 9 December 2012

I Wanna Wish You A Merry Christmas!

Erm, a bit too early? ;P

Hey all! This is the fifth installation of 12 Christmas Nails Series and what I have here is skittle Christmas Nails which was a recreation of these gorgeously made Edible Christmas Cupcake Toppers which I've come across in Etsy. Well, I hadn't quite come up with a title suitable for this look but a trip to the mall landed me with this title. Since it's nearing Christmas, needless to say Christmas Songs were playing throughout the mall and among the songs that played was Feliz Navidad. I came home, ready to blog. Looking at my mani, nothing else came into mind except the words from the song - I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas~ 

Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!

I must say, I am quite excited to show you all these! It wasn't something I've done. I want to attempt a skittle sort of nail art but would love them to link to each other somehow, so they'd look like a family - like they belong together. Nothing's like attempting a Christmas Themed Nails with Christmas colours, right? ;)

Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!
Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!
Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!
Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!
Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!

It was really fun doing this. And kinda hard too. I know it looks so simple, but Mr. Gingerbread Man didn't quite turn out the way it should. Trying to get pure colours by layering colours over white silhouettes proved to be harder than I thought. However, I absolutely loved how the thumb turned out! The hat too! Mr. Snowman sure was the tedious one out of all these. LOL! Perhaps I should have painted a white base and fill in the red? And to conclude, all those hard work definitely paid off! I am really enjoying these on my nails. I hope you are loving them as much as I do! I think they are so very Christmas!

Here's a bonus picture with my finally bought Peppermint Candy Cane! Yumm!! 

Lacqueerisa: A Very Merry Christmas!
(hehe its a big peppermint candy cane)

Though, I guess I should have bought a mini one to use as photo prop before I pop it into my mouth or a cup of drink for a peppermint taste (mehh, I can't find real peppermint extracts around my area to use for drinks, so dropping in a peppermint candy cane is about the best I could do to satisfy cravings for peppermint drinks. lols!) Yes, where there's a will, there's a way! 

Have a great weekend! 


10 comments:

  1. Loving the Christmas nail art. <3 It's never too early for the Christmas spirit. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you think so! I was already in Christmas spirit during the end of November! =D

      Delete
  2. So cute!!! I love seeing all of the Christmas manis!!! Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster award! There's more info on my blog...
    <3 Trendy Tips
    http://polishednailart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and thank you so much for the nomination ♥

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the gingerbread man - he's adorable!

    Hey lovely! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog - I hate leaving links in blog comments though, so let me know if you want a link to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you love him!

      Thanks for the nomination! I truly appreciate it! Its alright, since I do follow your blog, I can always search it with a few clicks :D

      Delete
  4. Awwww...so cute!!! love the design and the colors used. So festive and classy. Love it! Great job on this mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emie, thank you! Glad to hear you're loving this :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! It was one of my favourite looks for Christmas! :D

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!